SPANISH IMMERSION OAXACA
Join a small group of guests for an exclusive, six-day Spanish Immersion and food experience in Oaxaca.
"Exhilarating Language Odyssey"
Sky Delta Magazine
"Stellar teachers, VIP field trips,
and Michelin-starred restaurants"
Private Clubs Magazine
"Best Spanish Immersion"
“Coolest way to learn
Conde Nast Traveler
“Master Spanish in
Los Angeles Times
Spanish in Oaxaca
After its acclaimed immersions in Antigua, Guatemala, and Mexico City, the world leader in Immersions brings its coaches and methodology to the city of Oaxaca.
The Soul of Mexico
Oaxaca’s top chefs and hidden restaurants, mezcal makers, and artisans, brought together for a unique, six-day curated experience. Unrivaled in Central America.
The Magic of Oaxaca
The beauty of Costa Rica, or Antigua in Guatemala, plus the world’s most exciting chefs, Mezcal masters, museum-level craftsmanship, and fascinating archeology.
THE SOUL OF OAXACA
One of the city's most enchanting boutique hotels, the chef's table at Enrique Olvera's Criollo, a journey through the textiles, mezcals, and ceramics of the city, and the best Spanish instructors in the world.
Amazing Spanish in Oaxaca
A Spanish immersion during six days and seven nights with the most accomplished and caring coaches anywhere. Expert assessment ahead of the trip, one-on-one sessions, recovery time, and an unforgettable journey through the best Oaxacan food.
THRILLING EVENING PROGRAMMING IN OAXACA
We’ll host unforgettable meals at some of Oaxaca’s foodie meccas, will bring the best Mezcal masters to show us their secrets, and will visit the city no tourist ever sees. An experience unmatched in Costa Rica or Guatemala.
SPEAK SPANISH LIKE NEVER BEFORE
The widely recognized Fluenz Global Spanish program for English-speakers, our flair for luxury hospitality, and the magic of Oaxaca, add up to a transformational experience you won’t soon forget.
In Oaxaca, food and mezcal are languages in themselves, which is why the Spanish Immersion also offers a journey through these unique forms of artistic expression. At Enrique Olvera's Criollo on Wednesday night, we'll be treated to a theatrical experience with Cocina de Humo, a several-hour sensory spectacle created for us.
We'll visit the city's most promising young chef for a private event at his home, while the maestro mezcalero at Convite, the city's insider brand, will take us through his magic during an exclusive tour.
Spanish for You
Every person has a different level of Spanish, and a different way of learning. We talk to every participant before they come to Oaxaca in order to create their very own path to fluency.
The Magic of Coaching
Our one-on-one and small group sessions are led by an amazing team of coaches. They will lead you through the Spanish-learning journey with intelligence, patience, and enthusiasm.
Not only will your personal program be ready by the time you arrive in Oaxaca. We’ll watch over your progress and make daily adjustments to assure the best possible path to fluency.
Follow up After Oaxaca
Spanish is a lifelong quest, which is why we have an incredibly user-friendly learning App for the time before you arrive, and one-on-one, live video-coaching, to continue after you leave.
LEARN SPANISH IN OAXACA
- We stay at art-filled, totally renovated homes in Oaxaca's historical district, walking distance to everything.
- Blending history and modern comfort in Oaxaca, our lodging includes seven night's accommodation in beautiful private suites with AC and plenty of amenities. Upgrades to Junior and Master Suites available with a supplement.
- The Oaxaca Immersion includes six breakfasts and five lunches that explore Mexican and Oaxacan cuisine (Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free, and Pescatarian options available).
- On Wednesday night we offer a special gourmet experience at the internationally acclaimed Criollo.
- A private driver takes care of all airport transfers.
The Fluenz Spanish program in Oaxaca has a fee of $5,220 for double occupancy (each participant) and $5,620 for single occupancy in a Suite.
What's included in your fee:
- All coaching, learning supervision, and materials during the entire week.
- All airport transfers by a private driver.
- Six breakfasts and five lunches by a private chef with vegan, vegetarian, lactose and gluten-free, as well as pescatarian options available.
- A special dinner at the Chef's Table of Criollo, the restaurant by the globally acclaimed Enrique Olvera.
- Seven night's accommodation at a Suite-level room in a boutique hotel.
- Exclusive visits to artisan workshops, mezcal palenques, architectural and archeological landmarks, or artist studios.
- Informal Spanish practice at Immersion events.
- Access to our acclaimed luxury concierge services to help you secure reservations and make plans before, during, and after your stay.
- Life-time license to access our comprehensive Fluenz Spanish App set ($378 value).
- Thorough Spanish assessment before arrival, and creation of a personalized Spanish program.
- Master-suites with private outdoor space and spa tub with a Supplement of $1,517 for seven-night's accommodation.
- Upgrades from guaranteed one-on-one coaching for half of all learning, to one-on-one coaching for the entire week, are available for a Supplement of $840.
- Non-participating companions/spouses are welcome for a Supplement of $970.
-- The Supplement for companions and spouses includes access to all activities other than Spanish sessions, including the special dinner event at Enrique Olvera's Criollo, all day-time meals, and transportation and tickets to all visits, participation in all yoga sessions, and other activities. The fee also includes 24/7 luxury concierge services prior, during, and after your visit to Oaxaca.
Amazing Spanish Coaches
Our coaches are not only passionate about the Spanish language, but also for their extraordinarily creative lives. Their graduate degrees in the humanities and the arts, long-standing careers in higher education, theater directing, poetry writing, philosophy, and publishing, make them amazing teachers and a great group to spend a week with. All have been thoroughly trained in the Fluenz Comparative Linguistic Models, and have had considerable experience teaching at our Mexico City location, and our prior Immersion in Antigua, Guatemala.
Two ancestral civilizations created an extraordinary cultural legacy that continues to this day. Beyond the fascinating archeological sites, Mixtec and Zapotec society and language are very much alive. This gives Oaxaca a unique character that is reflected in every street corner, every kitchen, and every conversation.
The latter contributions made by religious orders that turned the city into a center of learning at renaissance convents that still stand, make for an extraordinary history that is never exhausted. To think that the city's favorite son, President Benito Juarez, grew up speaking Zapoteca and didn't learn Spanish, Latin, or ancient Greek until he reached school.
For a few decades now Oaxaqueños have been busy recuperating their archeological and architectural gems, their recipes, extraordinary crafts, mezcals, and the contagious spirit of this vibrant city. Oaxaca is a place everyone should visit at least once, and one no one ever forgets.
FLUENZ SPANISH APP SET
Our integrated Apps to learn Spanish on your computer, your phone, and your iPad, have been widely praised for their effectiveness. Hundreds of video tutorials by Sonia Gil walk users through Spanish every step of the way. Then, a battery of workouts that have been designed in conjunction with every video tutorial, help learners internalize the material.
This digital platform is the most comprehensive Spanish program for phones, computers, and iPads, and will prove invaluable ahead of the Immersion in Oaxaca.
The retail value of Fluenz Spanish 1+2+3+4+5 is US $378, and is included with the Immersion fees.
Founder Sonia Gil started Fluenz in 2007. Throughout all these years, she has focused on finding the answer to a single question: how can we best learn languages as English-speaking adults. Back then she created the first Fluenz digital programs, which have been updated year after year as the methodology was tested, and some approaches proved better than others.
Today, after millions of dollars of investment in the Comparative Linguistic Models she authored, the company continues to serve hundreds of thousands of learners around the world.
This life-long commitment to finding solutions to how adults can best learn Spanish led to the launch of Spanish Immersions in several cities of Latin America and Spain, starting with Antigua, Guatemala, in 2017.
The company quickly established itself as a leader in the field as the Immersions were recognized by their quality, and effectiveness.
The Oaxaca Spanish Immersion continues this proud legacy in Mexico's most enchanting city, and the most amazing confluence of food, archeology, and colonial architecture in Central and North America.